Lightbearers Ministries, Inc., an apostolic teaching ministry, was founded in 1995.
Kevin and Rosemarie Porter are interdenominational ministers who travel worldwide to teach and impart the gifts of the Holy Spirit.
STATEMENT OF FAITH
We believe in God the Father, Almighty Maker of Heaven and earth; and in Jesus Christ, His only begotten Son, our Lord, Who was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the virgin Mary, suffered under Pontius Pilate; was crucified, died and was buried. He descended into hell, the third day He arose again from the dead. He ascended into Heaven, and sits at the right hand of God the Father Almighty, from thence He shall come to judge the living and the dead.
We believe in the Holy Spirit, with all of His gifts and manifestations for all of God’s people. We believe in the unity and fellowship of the Body of Christ, for which our Lord Jesus is the only true and legitimate Head, for the forgiveness of sins, the bodily resurrection of all believers and the life everlasting.
We believe in the Bible as the written and revealed Word of God; as such it is the final authority for all matters of faith and practice. Amen.
WHAT WE BELIEVE
Lightbearers Ministries is a Christian ministry and as such, our ministry embraces the eight fundamental truths that we considered core beliefs. They are:
- THE BIBLE IS THE WORD AND WILL OF GOD. It is God’s Word, and God’s Word alone – as we hear it, do it, study it and apply it that it is able to build us up on the foundation of Christ Himself (Acts 20:32; Hebrews 4:12; 2 Tim. 3:16; Ps 12:6; Hosea 4:6).
- THE GODHEAD. We believe that God reveals himself in His triune nature as Father, Son and Holy Spirit, as three separate yet equal entities that exist as one God. (John 1:1) (Col 2:9) (Heb 1:10) (Gen 1:1,2).
- SALVATION THROUGH GRACE. We accept Jesus Christ as both our Lord and Savior who died for our sins once and for all and rose from the dead. We believe that we were crucified and resurrected with Christ! (Romans 10: 9-10; Acts 4:12; Romans 6: 6-7, 11-12, 14).
- BAPTISM IN THE HOLY SPIRIT. We believe in the new birth, being born again, being led by the Spirit and being empowered for Spirit-filled living (Mark 1:8, John 3:3; John 7: 37-39; Acts 1:5; 2:4, I Corinthians 12: 7-13). The Holy Spirit then becomes our guide and teacher in relation to the Scriptures (John 14:26).
- WE BELIEVE IN ALL THE GIFTS OF THE HOLY SPIRIT. We believe that every born again one can flow in all nine gifts of the Spirit as he learns to cooperate with the Spirit of God (John 14:12; I Corinthians 12: 7-11). We believe in equipping the saints with those nine tools in 1 Corinthians 12:7-11 to help an individual fulfill their ministry and bring the power and authority of Heaven into any situation.
- SPEAK IN TONGUES MUCH! We believe that the single greatest key to walking in the power of God is to pray much in tongues daily. Assuming you feed your heart daily on the written Word, nothing is greater than this principle (1 Corinthians 14:18; I Thes.5:17).
- WE RECOGNIZE THAT THE FIVE-FOLD GIFT MINISTRIES ARE GIFTS TO THE BODY OF CHRIST. We believe the five-fold gift ministries are still active today and did not end in the Book of Acts! We believe scripture that the purpose of those ministries is to prepare God's people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God and become mature, attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ. (Ephesians 4:11-13).
- THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST. Our blessed hope is when He returns for all who have accepted Him (1 Thessalonians 4:16, 17; 1 Corinthians 15:51, 52).